Dengue is an acute viral illness unfold by mosquitoes. Aedes aegyptiwhich is additionally chargeable for infecting people with the viruses that trigger chikungunya, Zika and city yellow fever.
“These ailments, often called arboviruses, can have related signs, and so it is essential to concentrate to the indicators. We suspect dengue when there is muscle ache throughout fever, extreme ache behind eyes, fatigue and generally pores and skin rash after the fever subsides.“, suggests Melissa Valentini, an infectologist on the Pardini Group.
The analysis is confirmed solely by a serological take a look at, which is often carried out 5 days after the onset of signs.
“In case of suspected dengue, one ought to search medical service to be evaluated, hold properly hydrated and bear a blood rely and serology take a look at”, recommends Vera Rufisen, Infectologist at Vera Cruz Hospital in Campinas (SP). .
Another essential signal is consideration More critical signs resembling fainting and bleeding, even from the gums. “They are alerted that the illness could develop right into a dengue case with bleeding problems.”
What medicines you shouldn’t soak up case of dengue
- salicylates, resembling acetylsalicylic acid, salicylic acid, diflunisal, sodium salicylate, methylsalicylate, amongst others;
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medicine: indomethacin, ibuprofen, diclofenac, piroxicam, naproxen, sulfinpyrazone, phenylbutazone, sulindac, and diflunisal;
- Hormonal anti-inflammatory medicine or corticosteroids: prednisone, prednisolone, dexamethasone, and hydrocortisone.
“These medicine can improve the danger of bleeding by contributing to a drop within the variety of platelets, which is already a phenomenon throughout dengue,” says an infectious illness specialist on the Vera Cruz Hospital.
There is no particular therapy for dengue, explains Velesca Fernanda Gomes Bezerra, General Practitioner at AmorSaúde in Petrolina (PE) and subsequently, sufferers are handled solely with medicine which are thought-about secure and that work to alleviate signs resembling ache and fever. .
“Acetaminophen (Tylenol) and Dipyrone (Novalgin) are drugs that we advocate as secure and may also help enhance nervousness, along with being essential for sustaining relaxation, hydration, and good diet,” Bezerra factors out.
How to guard your self from dengue
Since dengue-carrying mosquitoes want standing water to unfold, specialists advocate that everybody be chargeable for monitoring the environment of their properties or buildings, rising vigilance in periods of heavy rain.
The Ministry of Health recommends the next private security measures:
- Protect areas of the physique which may be bitten by mosquitoes through the use of lengthy-sleeved shirts and pants;
- Use repellents primarily based on DEET (NN-diethylmetatoluamide), IR3535 or icaridin on uncovered physique elements. It may also be utilized to garments. The producer’s indications relating to the age group of use and the frequency of software should be adopted. The existence of registration with competent physique should be noticed. Insect repellents containing DEET, IR3535, or icaridin are secure to make use of throughout being pregnant when used in response to the producer’s directions. In kids below 2 years of age, using repellents is not beneficial with out medical recommendation. For kids ages 2 to 12, use a focus of as much as 10% DEET, as much as 3 instances a day;
- Use of mosquito nets on beds, screens on doorways and home windows and air-con when obtainable.